Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Quilts of Valor presentations..........

Where on earth did June go????

Moreover.........where did the first part of July go?????

I KNOW I am WAY behind on blogging, but, hopefully what I am about to share with you all will more than make up for my absence in blogland for the past few weeks?

I have a ton of photos to share with you from June and July, but, for now, I want to share a few videos of the Quilt of Valor presentations I was able to make at the River Heritage Quilter's Guild in Cape Girardeau, Missouri on July 14th.

Please realize, there is NO way I could have been able to present these quilts without all of you!  The QOV block drive was so successful, and my local quilting friends have been so kind to help out with piecing the tops and quilting.  ALL OF US SHOULD BE PROUD of what is being accomplished here.

Enjoy the following videos:

This was the closing part of the presentation after the Veterans received their quilts.
I had the individual that nominated the veteran to receive a QOV present the QOV to their veteran.

The local news station came to cover the event.  I was interviewed before the meeting started.
The news anchor introduces me as "Ken," but, we all know my name is Kevin! LOL

And here is a really nice article the local newspaper wrote up.
I do NOT claim to be an official representative of QOV, and I said that, but, I think sometimes
reporters write down things so fast they miss some items.

Here is each veteran with the person that nominated them to receive a QOV at the guild meeting:









 And one of the sweet ladies of the guild gave me this bag of scraps!  She said, "I was going to place these on the give away table, but, after seeing your work, and your love of scraps, I want you to have them!"  HOW SWEET!  Here I am hamming it up along with the River Heritage Quilter's Guild President, Chris.
Thanks Chris for such a wonderful opportunity to speak and share about Quilts of Valor!

The guild has even created their own QOV page on their website! 
I truly hope this inspires many of their quilters to make QOV's!



Once again, I want to thank each of you that read this blog, have contributed in ANY way to this block drive, or have simply encouraged me along the way!  This was one of the best nights of my life!  I will share more photos next week after I get back from flying.

As always,
Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Thanks for sticking with me!
Kevin the Quilter

17 comments:

  1. You ROCK Kevin, what a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With so much negativity in the daily news about mistreated vets it warms my heart to know that we the people love our vets. Many hugs and blessings to you and all the quilters who helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to have been a part of all this. You've made a lot of veterans very happy. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!! Just seeing all those smiling faces and knowing that I was a part of this effort does my heart proud!!! Thank you sew much for all of your efforts in getting this done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to see you are involved in the presentations too. I have heard it is a very emotional event each and every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crying here!!! What a beautiful presentation and interview!!! I KNOW how busy you have been and I look forward to seeing every picture and video from every presentation of these quilts!!! What a wonderful way to spend Independence Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a great presentation! You did good Kevin! Your campaign was a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done a wonderful job Kevin! Congratulations on pulling together so many generous quilters so that our Vets can feel the love that we have for them! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a huge success! Congratulations on making it all come together and thank you for finding such a nice way for many of us to be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May God bestow his blessings on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo Kevin! Great work from everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. woo hoo -- Thanx for sharing! I recognize the second quilt pictured as the one I made!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome presentation. Wish you best of luck and just keep up the good work.

    Gorgeous Tart Leilaine Dress

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete