Saturday, October 25, 2014

I'M SOOOOOO EXCITED.................

I'M SOOOOOOOO EXCITED.........


AND, I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.............

If you don't know the rest of the tune or lyrics, here ya go:



As a product of the 70's and a child of the 80's, this song was part of my repertoire growing up.
OK,OK,OK....I'm not so sure about "pleasures in the night"....but, yeah.......I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!


WHY?

WHY???

WHY????

WHY YOU MAY BE ASKING YOURSELF??????



Here's a hint...............



Here is another hint................



Have you guessed yet??????


The completed quilt being shown was made and quilted by Dar of Dar's Patchwork Garden.


ALL OF THE BLOCKS FROM THE BLOCK DRIVE HAVE BEEN ASSEMBLED INTO TOPS!!!!


YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I simply cannot tell you all how ecstatic I am to share this exciting news with you!  And if you know someone who helped contribute blocks to the drive, PLEASE help spread the word throughout the land!  I cannot express enough gratitude to the ladies pictured with me above.  Not all of our regulars were able to make it to our sew day on Oct 24th, but, we GOT'R'DONE!  And as you can see from these smiling faces, there is a sense of accomplishment and pride!  AS THERE SHOULD BE!!!  And you all should be just as proud because we share this with you, the many, many quilters that sent in blocks to allow us to be able to cover so many veterans through Quilts of Valor.  The gratefulness in my heart is immense!  This block drive has been one of the most enriching, rewarding, and worthwhile projects I have ever been affiliated with in my life!  I hope you all feel the same! 


 We knew we were nearing the end this day, and here, Lou on the left sews away with a smile on her face, while Andrea on the right is not letting the pressure get to her by pinning!
(Just joking Andrea!)



Ree is SO EXCITED to be stitching the last row together of the last top!




And here are the cheerleaders on the other side of the room cheering Ree on!
Arlene, Linda, and Linda were actually doing high kicks and splits, but, somehow, their legs got cropped out of this photo????
LOL




Bev and Joanie are beyond thrilled, just as I am!
Retired Barker's Beauties, these two still enjoy showing things off! LOL





From this..............





to this!



These quilt tops are in stacks of 20, so approximately 140 quilts are shown here.
Remember, we have presented several, and there are several out for quilting.
These are awaiting their backings, and will be quilted by Quilts of Valor, Eastern Missouri.
All of this has been done under the watchful eye of Quilts of Valor, Eastern Missouri.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

I leave you with a special request from a fellow QOV group in Springfield, Missouri.
I have been contacted by Tanya with the Patriotic Piecemakers.
They are attempting to cover an Engineering Company returning from their tour of duty.
140 quilts will be needed to cover all of the group.
This is a very high goal for the Patriotic Piecemakers, but, it IS doable!
Quilts of Valor, Eastern Missouri has donated MANY quilt tops (as many as were requested by the group) toward their efforts from these block drive tops.  I have NO doubt they will be able to finish them, but, there IS a need for finished quilts as there is not a lot of time left before this group returns home in January.  If by chance you have a spare finished QOV handy, would you consider sending it to The Patriotic Piecemakers and their efforts in Southwest Missouri?  No veteran in this group should be left out!  And that is exactly what Tanya and her quilters are making sure doesn't happen!

PLEASE CONTACT:
tdperretta@sbcglobal.net 


From my heart to your's!
Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Kevin the Quilter 

22 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Congratulations on reaching your goal. It must feel good to see them all done. We appreciate you sending some of those beautiful tops to Springfield. We will be quilting and binding like crazy. You have shown me that great things can happen when you work towards a common goal. Many thanks from the Patriotic Piecemakers of the Ozarks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How totally fabulous!!! Y'all have worked so hard to make this happen!! They look so pretty all folded up so neatly! I'm looking forward to the last stitch in the binding and label on the last quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some hard workers in your group that sewed the tops. It is amazing that they are all made in such a short time. Congratulations to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and thank you to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you and all of your helpers to get the last of the blocks sewn together. Thanks to all those people who contributed blocks as well. Thank you Kevin!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a monumental accomplishment, getting all the tops put together!!!! This has been the funnest QOV drive to "watch," and I'm so glad I got to participate as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is SO exciting, Kevin! Thanks to you and all of the quilters who helped to get all of these blocks sewn together and quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on getting those tops finished! That was a big job! Thanks for organizing the whole thing and for providing a way to show appreciation to those who sacrifice so much for us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Kevin and friends!!!! You all did such a WONDERFUL job and so many people will be blessed by your efforts! I know that is a huge weight off your back - now what on earth will you do with yourself? *tongue in cheek*!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge Congratulations to you Kevin and all your Angels for making QOV successful in contributing much loved and needed hugs for our service personnel. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an accomplishment. Well done everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A standing O for gittin' r done! Love those triumphant ladies photos. You did a wonderful thing with your QOV block drive and all those quilts. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to all of you! Thank you for allowing us to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are welcome - and a BIG THANK YOU right back at you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way cool! I just printed this out to share with my little quilt guild next week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "I'm about to loose control and I think I like it!" Totally awesome radical achievement dude! Enjoy Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WHOOT WHOOT! Way to go guys and gals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! I hope you all took a bow and had a grand celebration, that's quite an accomplishment. Thanks for letting so many of us participate.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Kevin, to you and all the others who worked so hard to get these tops together! I'm so impressed with how quickly you got them done. It sounds like you've had a busy and fun summer. A belated congratulations as well on having a quilt in the Houston Quilt Show.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete