Sunday, March 29, 2015

In the press........

Hey everybody!

April is almost here, and I have been doing a lot of work in my Daylily garden as well as my vegetable and herb gardens.  Spring is definitely on it's way.....when you live in Missouri, you just have to take the weather one day at a time.......and NOT complain! (It doesn't do any good anyway!)

Please understand my intentions of this blog is not to stay on one note and blare it until no one can stand it anymore.......but.........I am very proud of the accomplishments "Radar" has made thus far.  In the press.....he made a 4 page spread into an international quilting magazine!  WAHOOOOO!


On Track! magazine is published by the
International Machine Quilters Association.



The article is very nice, and focuses on "Radar's" conception and creation by me and my friend Ann. It goes into nice detail about Ann's quilting and has some really great photos.  I am completely honored and beyond blessed to have been able to be a part of this creative work.  Thanks Ann!

And...........

Something new has been added to my quilting resume'.........

I SOLD THIS QUILT!!!!!

The selling of my RSC14 quilt happened very much by accident.  I was flying with a long time flight attendant friend and while chatting in the galley he asked me about my quilting.  I shared with him several photos of various works, and when he saw this photo he immediately asked "HOW MUCH???"  I was like......"huh?????"  He was extremely persistent and wanted to buy this quilt top and have it quilted.  After much deliberation on my part, I decided that I would sell it to him, quoted him a price, and he said, "SOLD!"  Sooooo.........this one will be going to my friend.  I never EVER thought I would sell a quilt!

And lastly in this post,.......free tickets led me and my friend Ann to the International Quilt Festival Chicago 2015.  We had a great time making the one day road trip there and back.  Enjoy photos of some of my personal favorites from the show........












I hope you enjoyed the photos!
Meet me in Paducah!!!!! (Sang to the tune of "Meet Me In St. Louis.")
Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Kevin the Quilter

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a well deserved bit of applause! Hope Radar receives many awards along it's travels thru the quilting world. Thank you for sharing the photo's - now the scrappy snowball on point captured my eye. The others are wonderful, but this is classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting news... you must share so we can join in the festivities! There are drinks for the party, aren't there?!?
    Congrats! And also on selling your quilt! You are brave to do so, and I know it will be greatly enjoyed by the new owner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!!! Of course your friend loved that quilt - it's an AMAZING quilt!!! I hope you gave him a price that knocked his eyeballs out LOL!!! Radar - and you and Ann! - all deserve the attention and accolades that are being poured out on you! I'm thinking I may have to do some name dropping before long. Can't you hear it now? ..... "Well, my friend Kevin - you know, the one who created Radar? Yes, him! Of course, we've been friends for just ages! Well, anyway, he says ..... " LOL!!!!

    Spring has finally come to visit Nashville! It's been pretty cold the past few days - low 20's this morning - but the sun is shining brightly and everything is getting so green and bright. It makes me a happy girl!!!! And hubby is happy to be out on his lawn mower, digging up weeds, trimming bushes .... yes, I love spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on having Radar published! I bet it will be the first of many to have that honor for you and Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kevin....Never ever tired of hearing (or reading) about Radar. That's a great quilt. So neat that you are published. And selling one of your quilts is wonderful. It's nice it's going to a friend who will enjoy it. I was at the Chicago show on Friday. That was my first trip to that show, and I'm hoping to get to Paducah. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your "Centerfold" tee hee - that is really awesome!!! Love all the quilts you showed - with that caliber of quilts - how would you ever choose a favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the spread on Radar!!! Totally awesome!! Now you can say you are a professional quilter since it takes selling what you make to be able to call yourself a professional!!! Hope you got a great price for that beautiful quilt!!! So happy for all the good that is coming into your life - you so deserve it because of all the good you spread around to everyone else!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures look great in the magazine, but in person it is even better. Congrats again on your and Ann's success with Radar. Enjoyed seeing some of the quilts in Chicago. I recognize the Red Zinger right off the bat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel so fortunate to have seen Radar in person. It's a grand quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo nothing like selling your first quilt! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fantastic Kevin! Well-deserved feature on Radar. It's a wonderful quilt. Congratulations! And congrats on the sale too. How lucky is your friend to know such a great quilter? Pretty lucky, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I bet your feet have barely touched the ground!! To be published for Radar in a professional magazine!! I wish I could see him in person, although the pictures are great. Congrats on selling your quilt top. I hope the fun keeps coming for you Kevin!! Nice people need to be rewarded & looks like you are getting some. I love the lion quilt from the show---such detail. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on your quilt sale (as long as you are happy to see it go) and at least you know the buyer will appreciate it and love it as much as you did. What is the name of the pattern you used?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Radar looks fantastic Kevin. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bravo on the article about "Radar"! *clapping*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done!! Such and exciting time for you. Congratulations. So nice that so many people are appreciating your creative talents.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are turning into a professional quilter (published, displayed, and sold). How great is that!?! What day were you at Int'l Quilt Festival? We were there on Thursday. It was fun, but, I didn't take any pictures. It was smaller this year, than it's been in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well congratulations on getting published! Fantastic! And selling a quilt to a friend? Even better! So jealous you got to the Chicago show. I always love that show...and I was so close (well, Wisconsin isn't that far away)... Thanks for sharing the pictures of your favorite quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on Radar, I do like that one a lot. Also your selling of a great top whoo hoo!

    The Chicago show was a good one wasn't it? You took photos of just about the same ones as I did. The last photo, the selvedge quilt, that one is mine! Fun to see it at a big show.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!!! Radar is SO deserving of every bit of attention!! What an amazing quilt! People of Padukah, hold on to your hats ;) I will make that trip one day - it is on my bucket list! SO excited for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. How very exciting for you, Kevin, that your quilt was featured in the mag! Congratulations on the sale of your quilt as well. Thanks for the quilt show eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that you sold your RSC quilt from last year! Sew exciting. Beautiful quilt show pictures too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete