Tuesday, June 12, 2018

2018 Spring Scrap Club hosted by Kevin the Quilter

Hey Quilters!
Are you ready for a great quilt show via the web....
to be more precise, my blog???

Grab a snack and beverage while you view the wonderful works of art created by the
quilters of Scrap Club hosted by Kevin the Quilter!

Our 2018 Spring project was the "Improved Nine Patch" or "Glorified Nine Patch."
We used a very loose interpretation of this, as the centers could be nine patches,
half-square triangles, or solid pieces of fabric.  What we focused upon were the arcs
that make the quilts look like circles upon circles.

Our Make-A-Long Project was Fidget Quilts for Dolan Memory Care Homes.

I will add commentary where needed, but, most of all, I would love for you to view
these amazing quilter's work.  I can't express how proud I am of each and every one of them!

hosted our final reveal in the 
grand ball room.
We had a lovely assortment of cookies, fruit, and 
beverages.

We spread all of the Fidget Quilts out
so everyone could view them at
their own pace before we began.
43 Fidget Quilts were donated in all.

 



Quite a crowd began to gather.......
 






 

  One of our quilters, Pam. made the coolest
quilting themed buttons
for everyone.
(I will share the ones I got in a future post.)
 Thanks Pam!

 And then, it was time to begin......

 Of course I have to thank these two quilters
who help me with Scrap Club so much!
Thanks so much Linda and Dar!

 And my friend Ree always helps me in a pinch!
Thanks Ree!

 We played games throughout our reveal.

First we did the drawings for the Fidget Quilt donations.
For every Fidget Quilt made and donated,
that quilter's name was entered into a prize drawing.

 The first winner from the Fidget
Quilts drawings was Karla who received this wonderful
quilty basket courtesy of Roxann.
Roxann is in the middle, and a very happy Karla on the right.
Congrats Karla!

 The second winner for the Fidget Quilts drawings was
Amie who won a cooking themed basket courtesy of 
Linda on the right.
Linda also organized our Fidget Quilt donations.
Thanks Linda!
I would like to point out that Amie made and donated
MANY MANY MANY Fidget Quilts!
Congrats Amie!

 The above and below photos are of us playing
"Let's Make a Deal!"
See the quilters holding their purses, pulling
various items out?
HILARIOUS!


And finally it was time to see our
final reveals from our
Improved Nine Patch Projects.
We had 2 categories, finished quilt top, and
finished quilt (meaning quilted bound and labeled.)
The size requirement was 40" x 60" for both categories.
If you brought your project to show and it met the requirements
for one of the categories, your name was placed in the
drawing for the grand prize of that category.
Please realize in the following photos,some of the participant's projects
did not qualify for the prize drawings.

First are the completed quilt tops.

 This is my creation.
I used my dearly departed cousin's clothing to make a memory
quilt for my aunt and uncle.
Kim, my cousin I lost, and I were very close.
This was hard to make on many levels, but, I am pleased with
the end result, and I can't wait to gift it to my
aunt and uncle.

 
 
 
  My friend, Mike, helped hold the quilts.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
And then came the completed quilts.
These quilters really worked hard to 
get their projects quilted, bound, and labeled.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 This is the back of the next quilt.
We all ooooohed and ahhhhhhed over this backing!
 
 
 
 
 
 


Aren't these quilt tops and completed quilts wonderful?
Almost as wonderful as the quilters who made them!
At the end of the evening we drew for the prizes
for each category and the winners were..........

 The winner of a $100 gift certificate to
 for the completed quilt top category was
Vicki!
Many congrats Vicki!!!

 The winner of a $150 gift certificate to 
 for the completed quilt category was
Chris!
Congratulations to you Chris!

 And congratulations to all of the participants
for the 2018 Spring Session of
Scrap Club hosted by Kevin the Quilter.

If you are interested in joining us for the
2018 Summer Session, please contact me here on the blog.
Our project for this summer is 
the "Lonestar Quilt!"



Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Keep on Quilting!
Kevin the Quilter






24 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all the ladies who have done those stunning quilts !
    Congratulations to all the winners !! Lucky them !
    Congratulations to you, Kevin, for this wonderful day ! What fun !! Woo Hoo !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful event!! Those quilts are all fabulous. Congratulations to the winners too. It would be so fun to quilt with your group. I am quite sure that the recipients of those fidget quilts will be happy to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts! Now I have another idea for how to use my Chocolate TOBE blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! So many wonderful quilts. Congrats to all for participating and finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an AMAZING variety of quilts made for Scrap Club!! LOVE all of the Fidget Quilts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic group of quilt makers and what an awesome collection of quilts and quilt tops. The fidget quilts are near and dear to me as my mom had Alzheimer's and used her fidget quilt constantly in the care facility where she lived.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! On so many levels! What an amazing group of quilters.
    The quilt for your Aunt and Uncle turned out really nice. I didn't remember seeing the completed top. It will be a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! There is a lot of talent in this group. Congratulations to the winners and great job to all participants!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are some wonderful quilts in that show. There's a lot of creativity on display in those fidget quilts. What a talented group!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a prolific group you have ! they all look like they are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun group! I wish I lived closer. I am excited to see my new friend, Sharon Husman, and her beautiful quilt. We met at Arrow Rock quilt camp. I told her she should come with you when you come to Marshall in October.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely event full of lovely quilts and even lovlier people!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed reading this, Kevin you are the best!!
    All of the quilts are just incredible. Absolutely beautiful work, extensive creativity.

    I love the fidget quilts too. Such a wonderful and enjoyable project for everyone including the recipients
    What a flipping blast all of you had.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing.Thank for your very good article...!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my stars!!! they are all fabulous!!! Tell all your quilters I love them all and they did amazing! You are such fun to inspire people.... sooooo tell me more about your lonestar challenge.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanna play! Looks like a great time! Much love,

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was directed to this post by Bonnie Hunter on her blog this morning! What a pleasure to discover your blog and read about all you do for this group of quilters. I REALLY like how you're blessing your aunt and uncle with your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you get a hotlink to this post from Bonnie today!!! Expect a bump in page views!!! XO Kevin!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry for the late reply Kevin but I finally got here. I zoomed in on every photo so I could admire all those great works of arts; some amazing quilts and lovely lap tops. Well done to all your lady friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What gorgeous quilts! Love the variety. Congrats, ladies. I think you're all winners.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness what gorgeous quilts and so many finished quilts...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for the good and very helpful information. It is very interesting.
    สงครามที่โลกจดจำ

    ReplyDelete