Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Welcome September!

Welcome September!

Welcome Scrap Quilters!

Welcome Fall!  Well..........almost.........

This is one of my most favorite times of the year!


I recently had a blast with some quilters from the
St. Louis Star Quilt Guild
in a "String Star" workshop.

This is such a fun guild and I love spending
time with them.......
look at some of their work....

Pam is the guild president, and coordinated this
workshop.  I can't thank her enough for organizing this
fun group!

Organizational skills!  I love it!

String pieced units, starched, and drying.....

Sometimes you have to take out stitches......
the next two quilters were so lady like in doing that......

legs crossed......
LOLOLOL
We had fun!

Quilters hard at work.....
in a spacious and nice facility,
Salem Lutheran Church in Affton, MO.

A wonderful potluck was served!
Delicious!  Thanks quilters!

And after lunch.....

Ta Dah!  
Stars were appearing!

Stars started shining.........

Each one a little different....

each one beautiful.

You can't go wrong with Christmas!

And.....a quilter after my own heart.....
using up the leftovers from a 
Trip Around the World Quilt!
We ooooohed and ahhhhhed over this one!

Thanks so much for the fun workshop day
St. Louis Star Quilt Guild!

In other news......

I joined hair nation.........
Why? You ask????

When one of your friends won't take "no" for an
answer to attending a Def Leppard/Journey concert
and you are a product of the 80's,
.......you go with him!

Skeptical?  YES!
I had NEVER attended a rock concert!

OK.....so I didn't wear the hair.....
but, my friend Chris and I had a great time!
The weather was great for the concert at Busch Stadium,
and I even recognized some of the music! LOLOLOL

My friend Sue came over to try
out my Accuquilt Studio......
I talked her into buying one! LOLOL
Maybe I need a job with Accuquilt???? LOL

She brought me these goodies
she made from her garden!
DEEEEEEEELICIOUS!!!!!!
Thanks so much Sue!

Recently, I found this little gem at an antique mall!
As you all know I collect anything Boston Terrier,
and this was a neat find!
I have never seen one of these Japan figurines in
the form of a pencil holder.
COOL!

And lastly........

My flight attendant friend Judy has a farm
east of Nashville.  We love working together, and 
talking about our poultry.
Her Royal Palm Turkey mama hatched out
14 babies, but, wasn't being a very good
mother to the poults.

 So, Uncle Kevin the Quilter to the rescue.......
I drove 3.5 hours to meet her for the hand off of these
adorable little turkey poults.

So far, they are adjusting nicely and seem really sturdy.
Baby turkeys are very hard to raise......they are very susceptible
to a variety of things.  Here's hoping these babies will thrive
here at the Quilt Cave!

UPCOMING EVENTS

I hope I can meet you at one of these upcoming events!

September 27, 2018  6PM
Scrap Club hosted by Kevin the Quilter
Final Reveal
Lone Star Legacies
18 North Central Drive
O'Fallon, MO  63366


October 2, 2018  6:30 PM
Friends In Stitches Quilt Guild
Waterloo, Illinois
Lecture / Trunk Show
Annex Building
901 Illinois Avenue
Waterloo, IL 62298

October 9, 2018 6:30 PM
Stitch by Stitch Quilt Guild
Marshall, Missouri
Lecture / Trunk Show
1st Presbyterian Church
212 E. North Street
Marshall, MO  65340



Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Thanks for being a friend!
Keep on Quilting!
Kevin the Quilter








18 comments:

  1. Oh what fun you string flingers have! Good luck with your little poults. You'll be talkin turkey before you know it! They sure grow fast don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the class we'll be taking next May? Say hello to Gina and Judy for me in October. I'll be driving to Rolla that evening, on our way to our family reunion in Arkansas. Cute little turkeys. They should be yummy for Thanksgiving 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are having too much fun!! Good to see what you are up to. Going to be at Houston this year? My friend and I are all booked and ready to fly. She is going blind and wants to see this show while she can, so I said ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin, I think your Boston terrier ceramic is actually a boys baby planter. I collect them. Have never seen Boston Terriers but do have two of hunting dogs! Was so excited to see it. Read your blog often and hope someday we will meet��

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thoroughly enjoy your posts, so much so that I get to the end and I start seeing stars! Hahaha! I can't believe you hadn't ever been to a rock concert?! Glad you had fun. I found the hen pattern the other day. Want it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a few more of those poses like you are doing in the first photo, and you can have your own calendar! LOL
    Such a great variety of stars. Must have had a good teacher in that class. :)
    You are rockin' the long hair. So, did you LIKE the concert??
    Glad those poults have a good home. I wish you well with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun workshop and lots of starts to very pretty quilts. Hope the turkey chicks are thriving. Happy stitching and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great photo share. I always kept your emails in a 'Kevin' folder to remind me what you get up to, but my pc crashed last week and I lost all my folders, including 14 years worth of personal photo's (family, videos, craft projects etc). I've bought a new desktop and hoped everything (at least my photo's) would be on my external hard drive but I can't find anything. I'm hoping I can find somebody who can go deep into files to retrieve them. Anyway Kevin, I'll start a new folder, #1 just for you :) Hope your baby turkeys are doing well. Love your new pen holder :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to take your class some day or hear your quilt presentation! Maybe the planets will align someday!!! Loved both of those bands when I was younger!!! It’s funny those bands are now considered “classic” rock!!!! I feel so old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those star blocks are fabulous!! And the hair . . . LOL!! Come out to the Oregon Coast and teach a class some day, will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You called me when you were at the concert but neglected to tell me you'd NEVER been to a rock concert! Did you have a blast? I loved Journey in concert.

    Your string star class looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!! Thanks for the belly laugh....your Boston Terrier has an ORANGE tail, lolololol!!! Hmmmm, Waterloo isn't all that far from me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is only 7 miles from me. I'm not in the guild anymore but I might see if I can attend for a fee.

      Delete
  13. You look a little scary in that black wig!
    Good luck with the turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this fun post Kevin !!
    Tell me....you never stop ! Are you sleeping ? Oh I'm kidding of course !:))))
    One day I will do a string quilt ! And these stars are awesome ! Congratulations to your talented students !

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you ditched that black wig. You looked like a serial killer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool quilt Kevin. Great job. So glad your Mom is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am going to have to add taking a Kevin the Quilter class to my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete