Monday, October 15, 2018

The life and times of Kevin the Quilter

The life and times of Kevin the Quilter..............
In pictures!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog, and thanks for reading!

I recently had the opportunity to share my scrappy lecture and trunk show with two wonderful guilds in two different states!  Come along for the fun times I shared with them!


Friends in Stitches Quilt Guild
Waterloo, Illinois
This guild was....
SO! MUCH! FUN!

Huffman's Hotties made an appearance!
Thanks gals for helping hold quilts for
 ole' Kevin the Quilter!

It's so wonderful being able to connect with
quilters from the various places I visit.
Here, I am doing a demo on Dixie, my
white Featherweight.
I am currently working out a time
to host a workshop with this guild.
Thanks for the invite Waterloo,
I can't wait to see you all again!

While on my way to speak in Illinois, I was able to
visit with my very talented quilting friend Heather of
Peachy Pages quilt blog.
You all know she is my tech guru!
Thanks for helping me out with my tech challenges and
thanks for giving me your home and studio tour!
Sorry for salivating over some of your quilts! LOL

I was then off to Marshall, Missouri to meet with the 
Stitch by Stitch Quilt Guild.
They meet at this beautiful historic church.

You KNOW you are going to have a great time with
great quilters when a great pot luck is involved!
YUM! YUM!

This quilt guild is full of talented quilters.
I couldn't wait to share my scrappy visions with them!

Thanks to these Huffman Hotties for playing along!
Too! Much! Fun!

I was able to meet some great quilters here......

This is Gina......
My friend Cheryl of 
made sure I knew Gina was going to be there.
Gina works with vintage and antique machines, and 
it was so much fun meeting her!

I was also able to meet Judy of 
Picking and Stitching quilt blog.
We had a fun visit!

I had the honor of judging this guild's
challenge,...robe, gavel, and all.....
and what a challenge it was.....
FOR ME!!!!!!
All of the quilts made for this challenge centered
around the game "Clue," which happens to
be one of my most favorite board games ever.....
not to mention the 1980's movie!
The participants made it so difficult for me
to select a winner.....I wish I could have
chosen them all!!!!!!
Their stories alone deserved Newberry Awards!

Here I am with my final judgement...
Mary was proclaimed the winner!
What a beautiful, scrappy pickle dish
table topper she made!
Again, EACH AND EVERY quilt
was so creative and beautiful.
When entering into competitions....
we ALL (including myself) need to remember....
judging is subjective.

Thanks to these 2 guilds for being so much fun!
I look forward to seeing you all in the future!

Fall has finally arrived!
Sophia Annabella and Lilly Mae are
snuggling during the cold snap here in Missouri!

In my personal studio time
I have been trying to finish up
some projects.

I have been working hard on last year's
Quiltville Mystery,
On Ringo Lake.
I have challenged myself to get this top
complete before starting this year's mystery!
Clue #3 threw me for a loop last year....
but, alas, I will not be defeated!

After piecing the borders, and laying some out....
I wasn't pleased with this look.
Please realize, I am not downing the pattern at all.....
especially since I changed the colors up.

Aha....
much better....
at least I think so.
I love the complete scrappiness
of this quilt, including that harrowing
sashing.......but, I feel this border helps
define all of the scrappy piecing even better
with the colors I chose to work with.

A friend in "strings" is a friend indeed!
Isn't this a beautiful mess???? LOL
I was able to help my friend Sue out
by making some string blocks with her.
Does anyone else find it even more fun
making string blocks with others???

Sue and her family recently built a beautiful
new home, and this is my housewarming
gift to them.
It was so much fun to make, and uses 77
different fabrics including the binding and backing.

A recent antique mall find......
hmmmmm......this item is probably NOT for
The Quilt Cave.

And.....always remember.....
You can define "Stupid People" for yourself....LOLOLOL

UPCOMING EVENTS

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7PM
Scraps & Patches Quilt Guild
Lecture / Trunk Show
American Legion Hall
849 American Legion Drive
Festus, Missouri  63028

Friday, November 9, 2018
Thimble and Thread Quilt Guild
Auction
Concordia Lutheran Church
505 S. Kirkwood Road
Kirkwood, Missouri  63122

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 7PM
Hearts-N-Hands Quilt Guild
Auction
First United Methodist Church
504 East US Hwy 50
O'Fallon, Illinois  62269



Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Praying for all of those affected by weather as of late,
Keep on Quilting!
Kevin the Quilter















15 comments:

  1. lOOKS LIKE YOU'VE BEEN HAVING SO MUCH FUN!(Darn! Sorry about the caps lock) You have some fun guild meetings coming up, will you still be going to Houston?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the change to your BH quilt - frames it rather than busy it. You have such a grand time where ever you go

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've been busy and having a ball. I like your BH colors and the dark outer border does frame it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good time was had by all! I think your On Ringo Lake is looking good! I didn't make one, but I sure have enjoyed seeing all the different ones popping up in my feed. Cute little pups, all cuddled together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blast you are having with the guilds!!! And Hotties appear at each and every one of them! Your girls look so cute all cuddled up together...smart girls knowing how to stay warm. How are your outside girls doing? I haven't seen a hen picture from you in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty little orange peel quilt! Thanks for posting a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My On Ringo Lake is still in a tub with its name on it...but not a single piece cut or sewn. Yet. I still want to make it. Why are there so many other quilts to make for other people first before the one I want to make for myself? Lol. I'm working on a housewarming quilt and grownup quilt for a child who is not such a little girl anymore and needs a quilt to reflect that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kevin, you certainly are a busy guy. Love the stories and the photos. Make sure you take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you to be a judge. You are just too kind and generous! But, I'm guessing everyone agreed with you as that Pickle Dish is amazing! I love your version of Ringo Lake and I'm sure Bonnie would agree that your setting does the center justice. Sometimes the eye just needs a place to rest. I think I need that sign. I love stupid people, they just don't understand me! Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you were able to talk with those guilds! I bet there inspiration wheels are turning now!! your so much fun to listen to!! And good luck with finishing your mystery - it looks great so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pictures with Gina and Judy. Sew glad you had a fun time. I'd love to hear more about that Clue challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like fun times Kevin!!! Your babies are sure cute! Hope you get lots of stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. half the country is stupid, mostly on the coasts if you know what I mean.


    I love your adventures. This is fantastic you are so lucky to be with all of these fun snazzy friends. See, I live in Northern Virginia 35 miles from the pool that is cess filled.
    I am going to make string blocks.
    I love your quilt project. I actually like the first picture with the scrappy bits

    Your pup girls are so sweet, smooches to both of them and you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you don't really every slow down! Looks like you had lots of fun with the guild programs. Good luck on finishing off ORL, I'm trying to get to at least the finished flimsy stage before this year's mystery gets going.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
    หนังตลก

    ReplyDelete