Saturday, May 25, 2019

Wego Quiltin' String Star Workshop

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Quilters!
I hope you all enjoy the weekend......I will be flying......

For your patriotic viewing pleasure, I would like to share a very special quilt with you....

Patriotic Snake Quilt
Technically, it IS called a snake quilt....
but, for those of you who despise snakes of any sort....
envision this as patriotic fans and streamers! LOL

Please visit my friend's wonderful blog posts to view this beautiful 
Quilt of Valor we all worked on together.
It was a pleasure working with these talented quilters.
Jan of
Cherie of
And, Dar....where is your post? LOL


I want to share with you all through some photographs,
the fun I had with the Wego Quiltin' Guild in Oswego, IL last weekend.

I was able to share with this group my most popular workshop...

 "String Star"

Of course, Cheryl
hammed it up as a "Huffman Hotty"
all day long! LOL
You can click on her name above to see her latest
posts about my visit and stay with her and her family.
Thanks Cheryl for being such a great friend!

In fact, Cheryl got all of the quilters in the spirit of things
by turning them into "Huffman's Hotties!"
We had a blast sewing up the strings!

I think that many quilters are surprised how much can 
get accomplished in this technique based workshop.

Come take a look.....

Take some old phone book pages or $1 scribble pad
pages, and a diamond template......
Use the diamond template as your guide for piecing.

Pick out some strings.....
Scraps and strings courtesy once again of
Cheryl!

Determine how you would like your strings pieced....

Making your diamond string by color family is always
a nice, effective, and easy idea.....

See what I mean......
A quilter after my own heart!

After sewing......peel the pages off....

As you can see in the pics above and below...
sewing with friends is ALWAYS a good thing!

Pressing matters!

Take a lunch break!
Lunch was potluck, and it was DELICIOUS!

After lunch, get back to work, cutting those
diamonds out!

And before long.....

The stars will start coming out!





Minions! LOLOL

I am ALWAYS proud of ALL of the quilters
that take my workshops.....
but, I have to say, I was EXCEPTIONALLY
impressed and proud of this group!

Each quilter had a star to take home.....ready for quilting!

Way to go Wego Quiltin Guild!
Thank you all so much for your hospitality
and friendship!
It was so nice visiting with you all!
I was last with this group 4 years ago
for my lecture and trunk show!

As I was leaving the Chicago suburbs, I was able to 
visit with my friend...
Wanda of 
Wanda has been such an inspiring artist to me......
as she has been to countless other quilters.
She even gave me some scraps to take home!
Thanks so much Wanda!


If your quilt guild is interested in having me come visit
for a lecture, trunk show, workshop, or auction
DO NOT hesitate to contact me!
My calendar is filling up quickly!
Also, in the near future, there are going to be some
changes coming to this blog!
An easier and more efficient blog
for guild leaders to navigate and research!

Thanks for all of your encouragement!
Keep on Quilting!
Kevin the Quilter






15 comments:

  1. love those stars - so colorful! I saw on Wanda's blog last week that you were able to get in a visit, looks like you all had a fun time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work by those Wego quilt makers! So glad you and Wanda had some time together - she's awesome (and so are you). Happy and hopefully uneventful flying this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they piece the diamonds on the backing? They do get a lot done!! Whoop! Whoop! Must have to do with the teacher!
    Are you having someone help you with your blog? I need to make some changes but don't seem to have the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I don't "despise" snacks, I do like the name "fans and streamers" better for this quilt. :)
    Wow, look at all they accomplished. You must be a cruel taskmaster, standing over them all with a whip to keep them motivated (LOL--yeah, right).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin, just have to get you to this part of the country! This is such a fun post had by so many. Looking foward to what you have up your sleeve. So jealous you got to see Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a successful workshop!! Nice work, Wego Quilters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Kevin. It was a fun-filled day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun filled workshop. Fly safe this weekend, it's not been fun in the Midwest this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kevin, your blog always makes me happy. You make me happy.
    Love and hugs to you and your sweet family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huffman Hottie?? Sounds like you could sell tickets to join the fan club!!
    love the stars, Kevin!!
    I'll bet your classes are a real hoot!!
    ;-)
    Safe travels...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stars made by everybody. I started following you through Wanda's blog. Have a great Memorial weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a happy bunch - but now that purple one - where a secondary circle is created in white.... Oh love that idea too!!! What fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was a fun class! I finished the quilting on my string star yesterday, and I only have to stitch the binding down on the back. I'll try to get photos of the finished quilts at guild on Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete