Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Quilty Visits Part 1

WOW!

WOW! WOW! WOW!

What a whirlwind of events, travels, and adventures I have been on as of late.

September 2019 is full to the brim of Quilty Visits!

I will share them individually on here so each group has their time
in the limelight so to speak.

Part 1 will be the String Star workshop I conducted with the
Prairie Pine Quilt Guild of Mexico, Missouri at the
Sew Sweet Quilt Shop and Retreat Center in Brunswick, MO.


Click the link above to visit their
online store.

Such a cute store front.

I had never been to this shop before, and was
pleasantly surprised!
This quilt shop caters to ALL tastes!
And the retreat center is conveniently
located right next door to the shop!
WOW!

My "String Star" workshop
is the perfect workshop for an introduction
to string piecing.  It provides a small, doable
project that most students get done within
the time frame of the class.
I never tire seeing the creativity among
my students.

Here are several photos from our fun
time together.

Lou on the left originally contacted me several years ago
to do a lecture/trunk show for this guild.
We have remained friends ever since.

May was a gem in class.
She is so much fun, and so talented,
as she is a Judy Niemeyer educator.
She did let me in on the fact she wasn't
used to letting go, and just sewing
strings together.

soooooooooo...........

Elsa helped her to.....
"Let it goooooooo....
Let it goooooooo....
and just sew and sew and sew!"

This mother and daughter team were so 
much fun to have in class!

Not to be outdone by this mother and daughter pairing!

A family that quilts together,
stays together!

A great lunch was served
by a local mom and pop restaurant!

You all know how this class goes......
sew some string units together......

Any color you please.......

And give it a good trim!
Students are always so amazed at what a
difference is made when you trim
these units.


Trim those units quilters!


It's fun to add words to the star points sometimes!

Before long......

You guessed it.........
STARS will start to form!


Hmmm......I wonder which background to use???

Isn't this a fun version,
destined to be a baby quilt.

This is a cool ombre background
that has been strategically pieced!

Piecing the background ALWAYS adds interest
in my opinion.  It also allows us to use up
more fabric!

Strategically piecing those star points
can provide a wonderful effect!

The quilters had fun playing with
various backgrounds.....especially
since the quilt shop was right next door
and it had endless possibilities.

Thanks Prairie Pine Quilt Guild
and
Sew Sweet Quilt Shop/Retreat Center
for a WONDERFUL day full of
creativity!
I hope you all had as much fun as I did!

At the end of the day, I had the wonderful pleasure of 
meeting Shelly Pagliai of
She truly is one of the most talented
quilters in the world today.
Visit her web site and blog by 
clicking the link above.
It was wonderful finally 
meeting you Shelly!

From Brunswick, MO
I traveled to Bethlehem.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania that is!
I will be sharing my journey,
and my visit with the wonderful
quilters of the
Colonial Quilters Guild
in Part 2.

If you are interested in having me visit your
quilt guild in 2020, dates are filling up
QUICKLY!  Feel free to contact
me via my email at the upper left 
of this blog.

Thanks for all of your encouragement!
Keep on Quilting!
Kevin the Quilter




12 comments:

  1. I really love the baby quilt version! Such a fun class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew Sweet Quilt Shop is such a nice shop! I hope you walked across the street for ice cream while you were there, Kevin! If not, you need to go back! And you got to meet Shelly!! I'm so jealous. One of these days, we're going to meet. Maybe all three of us will meet. How fun would that be?!? Looks like a fun class and a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great class - love their stars!! Yeah, a Judy Niemeyer educator would have trouble letting go and sewing those strings!!! Made me LOL!! How do you have people attach the star to the background? Can the background and the star be pieced together or is applique the only way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful post highlighting your class experience. I am also wondering how you have your students attach their beautiful stars to their background choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BIG fun, Kevin!! Anxiously waiting for April 2020. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kevin, Oh wowie, good times.
    Look at you, starting parties everywhere you go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun! Love the red and white/ blue and white star!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was fun finally getting to meet you! I sure timed that visit right. We'll be in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun group! I bet your classes are a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure looks like everyone had a great day, Kevin. And having a shop next door?
    Sounds like the perfect combination, along with Quilter Kevin!!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Hương Lâm chuyên cung cấp bán máy photocopy và dịch vụ cho thuê máy photocopy giá rẻ, uy tín TP.HCM với dòng máy photocopy toshiba và dòng máy photocopy ricoh uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete