Saturday, April 12, 2014

Still going strong......

Welcome to all of my new followers!

Thanks to all who have been so kind to send me personal messages, and comment here on the blog about "Radar!"  I promise to share my design process in upcoming posts.  I also have many photos to share with you all from MQS and recent QOV presentations.  This week has been really busy, and I am flying for the next 5 days.  Soooooooooo...............if you all can bare with me, I promise to share those items with you next week!

This block drive is still going strong!  Remember, I must receive all entries for blocks by June 1.  So, you all still have a little bit of time to get some easy blocks made so you can thank a Veteran.

I am going to share with you this week's group of AWESOME people:

Shirley in Oregon
Marianne in Florida
Mary Lou in Missouri
Jeanne in Missouri
Howard in Maryland
Marty in Michigan
Barb in Michigan
Marcia in Michigan
Judith in Oklahoma
Libby of Life on the Hill
Sheron in Missouri
Allyson in Missouri
Mary Ann in Missouri
Travis in Louisiana
Debbie in Kentucky
Sherry of Createology
Ruth in Louisiana
Kathi in Tennessee
Pat in Michigan
Sharron in Michigan

And the following quilter generously donated blocks but cannot be included in the prize drawings:
Jean in Missouri

That's 2,631 blocks received as of 4/11/14!!!!!

THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!

THAT'S 87 QUILTS FOR QUILTS OF VALOR!!!!!!

Judith in Oklahoma sent in this beautifully pieced "Pathway of Valor!"
Way to go Judith!  It looks AWESOME!
Gracie Lu and Sophia had to pose with it!

Many have asked if the "Pathway of Valor" is or will be a pattern?  Hmmmmmm................maybe?????????
Actually, it is in the works, and please feel free to share the pattern with your guild or family and friends as it will be a free pattern for charity purposes.  You may find the block instructions and block drive guidelines here.  I wanted a block for this drive that would be easy enough for beginners, and something that would go together really quick for those who are more experienced.  I think it is a very contemporary design and is quite striking!  A design that any veteran, male or female would love to receive.  Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words concerning the pattern!

My good friend Ann of Attic Threads & Quilts donated the yellow star backing fabric.
Libby of Life on the Hill donated the wonderful binding fabric.

THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!


Doreen in Iowa sent these WONDERFUL presentation cases!
I love the fabrics, and they really are going to be so nice to present our quilts in!

THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!

Kelly at O'Sewpersonal Fabric Shop also received 60 more blocks at her store!
Her drive is still going strong, so don't miss out on her drawing as well!

Before I go, I would like to give a shout out to some WONDERFUL ladies that work at a WONDERFUL quilt shop I was able to visit on my way to MQS in Wichita last week.

Rita, Esther, and Ellen

Rita is the owner of Quilter's Station in Lee's Summit, Missouri.  As most any quilter would do, I mapped out all of the quilt shops I wanted to stop at on my way to Wichita, and Quilter's Station was my first one on the list.  In all seriousness, after this stop, I might as well not have worried about visiting any others!  

WHATTA QUILT SHOP!  

These ladies were most accommodating, and so polite and easy to talk to.  The samples that hung on the walls of the shop were absolutely delicious, and left my mouth watering!  Rita makes most all of the samples that hang in her shop.  Allow me to quote my mother, who doesn't quilt......."If you spent much time in there you would WANT to make a quilt!  And, if you couldn't find what you wanted or needed,..... then, you're just too picky!"  Yep, that pretty much sums it up momma!  I HIGHLY recommend you visit this wonderful quilt shop and visit with these friendly folks!

See you when my feet get on the ground next week!
Thanks again for all you do!
Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Kevin the Quilter    


  


9 comments:

  1. Isn't the generosity of quilters just amazing! I've been to Quilter's Station, too. It is a lovely shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to that shop in Lee's Summit and it is wonderful. Definitely worth a stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Gracie Lu and Sophia definitely APPROVE of the quilt top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, I'm going to have to raise my goal again. Hmmm 125 quilts????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of blocks and a lot of quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kev, I'm not sure your feet want to touch the ground today. Mother Nature presented us with a very nice present this morning. Hope the Southwest skies are friendly this week! Yak back at you when you land.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent generosity of everyone in the quilting community and elsewhere. QOV Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mamma Kevin! I don't even have to meet her to know that :) So glad you are getting such a great response to the Block Drive! I can't think of a better reason to quilt :*) Hope you fly to some interesting places and have some fun along the way. Happy Easter my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete