Monday, April 25, 2016

Post Paducah......

Greetings everybody!

Well, AQS Paducah came and went.........and boy did I have some fun with Cousin Phyllis!

This was one of the best years my cousin and I have had visiting Paducah!  We couldn't quite pin point why, but........

 ...this is what we looked like after our 
traditional farewell dinner at Chick-fil-A!
It went by too quickly, and it was over.....but, oh what fun we did have!


Here are a few highlights!
The quilt show pics will have to wait as I am flying this week 
and need to edit some photos down.

 I was able to meet LuAnn of Loose Threads!
While in Hancocks of Paducah, I heard someone yell my name....
low and behold it was LuAnn!  I love reading her blog!
She does such beautiful handwork!
It was a pleasure meeting and chatting for a while before she had to catch
her bus!  OK, really it was because the store was closing! LOL

 Although I wasn't able to meet QuiltdivaJulie in person,
I was able to check out her latest book!
I want a signed copy Julie! LOLOLOL
This book looks like too much fun!
Go check out her blog for more info!

 I was also able to meet up with my friend Cherie of  Quilted Jonquil.
She is always such a blast to be around!
Laughing is SURE to happen when we get to visit!

Cherie asked before I made my way to Paducah if I would
have 2 cubic feet of spare space in my vehicle?
"Hmmmm......I guess so?" was my reply?
You never know when you go to Paducah.......am I right folks???

This was the reason she was asking if I had any space????
HOLY CAMOLY!!!!!!!
LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE BEAUTIFUL, DELICIOUS 
SHIRTINGS!!!!!!
Cherie and I talked about my collection of recycled shirting
fabrics I was just beginning to collect, and she graciously
and generously offered me these to start off my collection!
Quilters are simply the best! Especially Cherie!!!!
These are calling to me, and speaking my name!

I simply can't thank you enough Cherie!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!


 Here is a shot of all of the shirtings after I petted each one!
Deboned and ready to use I might add!!!!
Eat your heart out Bonnie Hunter! LOLOLOL

I was unable to meet up with Libby of Life on the Hill
though we tried!  Maybe next year Libby!

It was wonderful meeting so many new faces though!
Thanks for introducing yourself to me while in Paducah!
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting EVERYONE!


 OK, OK, OK,
So, here is my loot!
I bought a few kits, lots of fabric, some
triangle paper and the great bag up front.
Don't judge! I got some really good deals on the fabric! LOL
And plus, you only live once, and I plan on using ALL of this stuff 
sooner or later!

In other news...........

Remember those tiny pieces from HERE?

Well, they went into making...........

these....
which went into making.....

this..........
which eventually became..........

THIS!
"Freedom Dreams"
19.5" x 19.5"
You guessed it!
I joined in Humble Quilts
Doll Quilt Swap again this year.
My partner was Merry in Washington state, and she has received
the quilt, and sent me .....

this photo!
"Freedom Dreams" looks made for her grandmother's chair!
I hadn't a clue it would color coordinate with her room!
I am so pleased she likes her little quilt!

And this is the doll quilt I received!
It is from Becky in Iowa, The Civil War Quilter.
Becky took inspiration from a child's doll quilt during that era, 
and almost perfectly replicated it with some infusions of her own.

I LOVE IT!

Thank you so much for your attention to detail Becky!
It looks perfect in my new sewing studio!

Coming up next week will be my photos of the show,
as well as other goodies I saw along the way!

Thanks to those of you who have acquired some of the vintage
quilts I had......I still have some left!



Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Keep on Quilting!
Kevin the Quilter




29 comments:

  1. Great photos! So glad you took the time and effort to go! Your excitement seems contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they look so nice stacked up on your shelf.....guess you can tell I was going after blues and neutrals in the beginning, ha! Can't wait to see what springs forth from these. Three log cabins and one in-process broken dishes ala RSC so far for me :) This is gonna' be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo with my Seasonal Sampler and the book's cover is priceless!!! And I agree with you - Cherie is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every year gets better and we have more fun! Could it get any better? Maybe if we could go twice a year! ;) Can't wait til the next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased with my Freedom quilt Kevin! I'm still amazed at all the TINY 9-patch. Love, love, love the Reds. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your purchases are sooo great and I really love your fabrics.... Hancocks is a trap for quilters !! Ah ! Ah !
    Your doll quilt is awesome and you received a beautiful one !! I participated in the swap and I can't wait to see the others doll quilts !
    Good luck for your flight week after this week in Paducah....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a blast, glad you share your passion with your cousin. Love your doll quilt, and those shirtings look fabulous, the limes will sing. Where do you all get those great quilty tshirts, ive not seen them over here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those two doll quilts and the shirtings Cheri gifted to you are awesome Kevin! Julie and Libby must have been bummed to have missed you. Glad you and cousin Phyllis had such a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Kevin! you totally scored!! Looks like an amazing trip. I love the doll quilt you sent off; and the one you received is spectacular. Will look wonderful in your new CAVE!!! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE how your Freedom Dreams turned! That stack of shirtings? Kevin, you are one LUCKY quilter!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruh Roh - your shirting collection may rival mine soon - Bwahh haa haa! Looks like you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kevin I can hardly believe that of all the people in Paducah and in Hancocks that night, I looked up and you were right in front of me. I'm so glad we met and got to chat for a bit. I love reading your blog and keeping up with your family, your new home and your quilting, and I hope we meet again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful time, think this is what perfect is, fabric, friends and sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun that you got to meet up with some fellow bloggers. You've been busy in the sewing room, both of the doll quilts look great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gee, it looks like you had fun. How does that happen? I love the little quilt you made and the one you received. Nice shirtings collection! So, will all your friends be sporting short sleeved shirts from now on? And, thanks again for sharing a photo of my little quilt on FB. I WILL be going to Paducah next year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you had a great time in Paducah!! We did too, but we had to rush around to get it all in because we rode up on the bus. I thought it was a great show, and the quilts were simply amazing this year. The level of talent just gets better and better, doesn't it? My camera died early, so I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness you are having so much fun, and we get to pretend we are part of the fun while we read all about it!
    That fabric gift is incredible... you are so blessed to receive so much quilty love from Cherie!
    What a great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you like your doll quilt and it found a good home. :) The one you made and sent to your swap mate is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you had a great time in Padukah! One day I hope to go there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had a lot of fun, always a good thing! And you've just given me an idea. I've been eying the quilt on the cover of the latest McCalls Quilting, and I just might use some of the shirting fabric I have to try a version of it! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun to meet Lu Ann at Paducah, I have been reading her blog for years. Sweet doll quilts”

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been to paducah once and would love to go again! Looks like you scored!
    The little swap quilt you made is so sweet! Love the one you rec'd too. Thanks for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have never been to Paducah but... someday! Congrats on the shirting loot - it is fantastic! And... the swap quilts are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never been to Paduca, but it's on my list. Your little quilt for Merry is wonderful. It does look like it was made for her chair. The little quilt you received is adorable! I love the whimsy of it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You can never have too much fabric!!!
    Love the quilt you made and the darling little repro quilt Becky made for you :))

    ReplyDelete
  26. I read this post over 3 weeks ago and forgot to write a reply. Tonight I thought 'it's been a while since I heard from Kevin' - I guess you are busy with work at home and in the sky - hope you are well and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete