Saturday, October 26, 2019

October...thus far....

Quilty Greetings Quilty Peeps!

October remains busy although I am officially on my self induced
vacation period.  Many happy things have taken place this month, and I have a lot to look
forward to!


BIG NEWS!!!!
I will be helping the fine folks of
Homestead Hearth in their booth at
quilt festival in Houston next week!
Booth 1117
I would LOVE to meet you there!
Make sure to stop by!


A rambling from Ole' Kevin the Quilter.....
I! LOVE! HEARING! FROM! YOU! ALL!
And, I do hear often from readers......the good, and the bad.
Many of you love posts with a lot of photos.
There are those of you who beg me to make my posts shorter.
Here are my thoughts......
This is my blog.....a diary of my life of sorts.
It is what it is.  Take it or leave it.

With this being said, let's continue with this entry, shall we?

 Have you ever had your supervisor breathing down your neck?
Better yet, SITTING on it????
LOLOLOLOL

October opened up with the debut of my second pattern
"Gracie Lu's Rail Fence"
You all will probably remember this quilt
is named after my Gracie Lu I lost
in 2016.

I was pleased to be asked by the
Missouri State Quilt Guild to 
teach this pattern at their
2019 Fall Retreat in Jefferson City, MO.

Here is a shout out to my friend Serena who
invited me to teach.
Hi Serena!

This class is all about organization and strings!
I am always pleased to be able to introduce
students to string piecing by sharing with them
the way I organize my string resources.
The drawers on the right are a new addition to me
courtesy of my mom and dad.
Yes, there are strings in each of the drawers by color!
You may find this rainbow bin of drawers
HERE !

 I was pleased to see my friend Hallye in class!

 These sister in laws were a HOOT!

 Pressing strings before using them is 
VERY important in my opinion!

 Having fun quilters? LOLOL

 My friend Dolores is such an inspiration to me!
We helped celebrate her 90th birthday!
She certainly doesn't look, nor act 90!
Happy Birthday!!!!

Isn't this a beautiful, creative site?
You can piece so creatively with strings.

 Great job!
Are you hooked on strings now?

 I always find it helpful to have
discussions with the quilters
individual projects.
Including the entire class in the discussion.

 Bright and cheery......with great contrast!

 Batiks!

It is so much fun to let go and have fun with
your string piecing.

 Look at the great blocks that were made!

 I am just as excited as you are!
This looks great!

 So cool!
Love the variety and amount of string piecing here!

Sister in law blocks!
Notice the inner and outer borders are reversed?

Dolores got her top finished!
WOW! WOW! WOW!
Thanks for sharing this with me!

I hope you all had as much fun as I did!
I couldn't have been happier about the
release of this pattern!
Thanks so much for the fun time quilters!

Would you all look at this????
How hilarious and wonderful!
My friend Wendy of
sent me all of these goodies!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

We can ALL learn something from Bob Ross
when it comes to our creativity!

This is my version of Lori's
Almost Amish
sew along.
I love participating in these with her.
Follow the link
to view all of the different versions
quilters from all over the world
created!

While patiently waiting on Bonnie Hunter's
next mystery, I am completing my 2nd version
of "Allietare!"  I had the bright idea of trying to do
2 versions during that mystery at the same time.....
during my move!  LOLOLOLOL
So hilarious of me!
Oh well, I made a good effort, and this will hopefully
be done
before the next mystery unveils.

My parents came for a visit!
Momma made some homemade soup....
one of my favorite things she makes if I promised to
take her shopping.
I provided the smiling cornbread to
accompany it!

As you can see, my dad really loves to 
go shopping with mom!  LOLOL
He never complains, but, he does find a chair
to sleep in!

A good son will hold things up for his mother 
to see while shopping.....
AND.....hold her purse as well!
I absolutely cracked up when a friend sent this to me!
He saw me shopping with mom and took this photo
and sent it to me! LOLOLOLOL
I would do most anything I could for my parents!

Oh yeah, we had biscuits and gravy for breakfast
while they visited!

October is family reunion time for my mother's side
of the family.  I love my family so much!

My Momma only has 2 siblings left.
There were 12 children in her family.

It was so good seeing those that could make it
to the reunion.

Here are some of the cousins.
I am the baby of all of the cousins.

How on earth did my Sugar Doll and Lil' Bubs
get this big????????
You all know how proud I am of both of them!

While I was home I got to see Bubs play football.
He is out there on the field playing his heart out.
Way to go Bubs!
They won!

I hope to see many of you next week in Houston!
Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Keep on Quilting!
Kevin the Quilter













 

37 comments:

  1. I quite enjoy your posts and encourage you to do YOU! Gracie Lu's rail fence is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Love the Gracie Lu quilt, and your Almost Amish also. That Bob Ross lunchbox is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't shorten your posts, I enjoy every word! I enjoy seeing how much fun you have with the guilds you meet with and sew with. You are so fortunate to have your parents and able to interact with them. Cherish every moment so you have wonderful memories! Have a blast in Houston, wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love every bit of your posts! Great, I Went to Houston last year and you did not. Can't go this year. I would love to work someone's booth- what a dream.
    Love your pattern. Keep going, Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Almost Amish. Lori certainly comes up with some interesting projects. So, will you be making two BH MQALs this year??? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun going on there! You are such a good son to your parents... they are lucky to have you!
    Great job on the mystery quilt!
    You certainly are ambitious trying to make 2 of any of Bonnie's patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just keep writin' your posts like you do. I enjoy reading the whole thing along with all the pics! Wilbur jumps up on my shoulder like that while I'm quilting, right at the moment when I'm intent on something. Takes me a bit by surprise to hear his meow (he has a particular one for that jump) and feel those sharp little claws . . . Wee bit of a challenge to quilt with him there though! Pretty sure you get that. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kevin, just keep on writing and sharing your wonderful life; family and quilting! Best two things in life. Be well and enjoy your time in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why would anyone presume to tell you how long to make your blog posts??? Beyond insanity!! Love you just how you are!!! Enjoy Houston!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog and am grateful to have found it though I'm not sure how I did! :-) Thank you for sharing! Have fun in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great post with lots of photo's to embellish your stories. I'm loving your scrappy quilt and your rainbow drawers are very handy for different colours, but they'll soon be too small for your collection. I have 2 sets stacked on top of each other and they are great for storing other things, like my pre-cut sashings and binding fabrics. I even have something in them waiting to be sent to you - It's been waiting a long time for me to sort it out - maybe soon haha. Good to see you enjoying life so much with family and friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are absolutely right. It's your blog and you can do whatever you want with it. It's always fun to catch up on what you are doing. Loved the variety in the Gracie Lu projects. And the best part is that everyone was having fun! Enjoy your vacation.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep the posts coming. Do as you wish! We will follow or maybe on occasion just pass through, but we will always be back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Gracie Lu is beautiful and a wonderful tribute! I also love your Almost Amish. Lori really inspired some lovely quilts with this sew along. Your love for your parents and family...and animals is heart warming. Have a wonderful time at the Quilt Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoy your posts no matter how long they are. Your writing is always filled with love and joy and always brings sunshine into my life regardless of what the weather is outside or what life is sending our way. Thank you for doing that. I love the Gracie Lu pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are always so inspiring. Have a good time Kevin. I wish I could see you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just keep on being you! You are appreciated and loved by many.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so sad to hear that someone has the bad manners to criticize someone for there own blog. do they really think their opinion counts!!! it's your blog and your story. it needs to be told by you not them. don't change, they came move on. love the work you do and your way with teaching, so encouraging to others.your Gracie Lu pattern is wonderful. is it a stand alone pattern that can be purchased? and from where? reading your blog is a high lite of my day. keep it real

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great blog! How can we purchase your patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Second attempt on my part. Where can we purchase the patterns besides Houston?Do you have an Etsy site? Nrsi2000@aol.com
    Thank you for any help.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoy your blog and you. Just the way you are! The class at the state Guild looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so right, Kevin. This is your blog and you can put on what you want when you want. I love reading about "your story" and the inspiration you provide to all of us. Life is short—ignore those who bring negativity to your life. I've learning that more and more as I go along in life. I surround myself with people who contribute positively!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are having entirely TOO much fun!! I LLLOOOOOVE it!! And I love Gracie Lu's quilt - it is amazing!! and the biscuits and gravy... dang... Wish I was closer!! Keep it up - Love how much you love life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So much joy in this post, Kevin! All those scrappy strings are a real inspiration to me. And I love seeing the happiness that your family brings you :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your posts! they really make my day,so happy and positive.the quilts were so inspiring today,heading to the sewing room now...lol have a great day,i look forward to your posts

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Kevin...i look forward to your blog ...the longer the better! It,s always fun and informative. Only met you once, last year in St Louis at the Kinda Sorta Amish day. Such fun! Would love to enjoy another event. Keep sewing those beautiful fun string tops and writing as much and as often as you want. Thanks Becky

    ReplyDelete
  27. Were you keeping that pattern a secret from me??? It's terrific and looks like a fun class you had!
    I'm looking forward to seeing you next week. So fun Homestead Hearth is putting you to work. Love their online presence.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your posts, just as they are! I'm not sure why people complain about the contents of someone elses blog, but yours is perfect in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on your new pattern and all the other good news, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are right. This is YOUR blog. I like it just the way it is. If others don't, they DON'T have to read it. I am glad you got to enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I, too, love all things scrappy and strings are very addicting. I agree that family is fabulous. I am the oldest of 49 grandchildren on my Dad's side. That's a lot of family. Enjoy all you can!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your blog the way it is! My only complaint is you need to post more often! Lol! Love seeing your scrappy goodness and pictures of your wonderful family and pets!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks like a very fun workshop. I'm sure your mother appreciates your help. I know my college girl is a great help when I can convince her to go shopping for mom stuff (it's not so hard to convince her to go when it's college girl shopping). Hope your November is going to be as fun as your October was.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I hope you had fun in Houston. I love my family reunions. Now to finish the quilts for the next reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hope you are enjoying your vacation. Can’t wait to hear all about it.
    AnnaMarie

    ReplyDelete
  36. Pingback. Thank you for the inspiration. https://rodneyssaga.com/2019/12/22/blogiversary-quilty-logo/

    ReplyDelete
  37. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete