Monday, November 7, 2016

International Quilt Festival in photos..........

What a WONDERFUL trip I had to the

International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas!

Friends, fiber, and art all came together to make this a memorable year!

I will share my trip with you here, and, yes, it is going to be a doozy of a post!

Before, I share my photos, I would like to let you all know, in my next blog post......
I am going to offer a GREAT giveaway!  Be on the look out!

Now, go get your favorite beverage and snack, and enjoy the show through my eyes!


FRIENDS

Me and Ann are gearing up for some
fun at the vendor booths!

It was great seeing Ann in her element, teaching 
in the Country Stitchin' booth.

I was so happy to be able to meet several new people 
this year as well!
Thanks to ALL of you who came up and introduced
yourself to me!
I appreciate you all!

Kathy Doughty of Material Obsession 
was a little star struck when we met.

NOT!

But, I was!!!!!!

It was absolutely wonderful meeting Lori of Humble Quilts!
Thanks for the nice visit Lori!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe was in the house!

As was our St. Louis friend,  Jamie of Sunflower Quilts.

It was so fun to see some quilters from Scrap Club 
in Houston!  This was Chris and Julie's first 
experience there!

And here is Carol, also a Scrap Club member, who
attends IQF, Houston regularly.

I was also able to meet a new friend,
Jennifer, and her service Boston Terrier, Chloe!


When in Houston.................YUM!!!!!!

Fun was had by all!

Fiber and Art

Then it was time to see the amazing quilts!

Best of Show

and here are 3 more award winners.........




And some more category winners..........










This is the winner of the hand quilting category.
I asked her how long it took her to make this and she said 1 year
from start to finish!  WOW!!!!!!!





Look who won 3rd place in the Primitive category!!!!

Many congrats Wendy!

There were so many beautiful, inspirational quilts!
I am showing a variety of quilts here, because, I like
different types of quilts.
How boring would quilting be if we all did the same
exact style of quilt?
I personally never want to pigeonhole myself into one genre.


Which came first?
The chicken or the egg????












"In essence, I am a sophisticated cotton picker"
LOLOLOLOL
True, very, very true!





"Leaf in the City"
made by my quilting friend Marcia.
This was part of a fabric challenge exhibit.

The 9/11 Memorial Quilts


Color of the year exhibit.







A quilt from Kaffe's
"Bold Blooms" book.








There was a WONDERFUL exhibit called,
"Specimens"
Fabric Collage Quilts by
Susan Carlson.



And just in case all of you female quilters
are looking for something different to wear......



These were really intricately made using old quilts.

And, here is one of my favorite signs seen in Houston! 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

As you can tell, there was SOOOOOOO much to see!
I apologize for the photos being off center or out of focus.
The tape they put in front of the quilts sometimes makes
that happen.

In my next post I will share some of the items I came
home with from the festival.
And, don't forget to come back and visit
for the giveaway!
Those of you making Bonnie's Quiltville Mystery
may be very interested in what I am giving away!


If you liked this post, please follow my blog!
Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Kevin the Quilter





24 comments:

  1. Just a terrific show, Kevin! Thanks for taking and posting these. You must have had a blast. My friends got a photo with Rob Appell from Man Sewing. I was hoping to see a photo of you with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for soooo many pics of the show. I love all the different quilts. I am in awe at such beautiful workmanship. Glad you had a great trip. LOL on the bathroom sign. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing quilts! Thanks for sharing the show with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing so many photos - not just of the winners, but what caught your heart as well. I love to see the variety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing all those wonderful quilts, Kevin. We wouldn't know what we missed if it weren't for the photos, and the photos make me want to go and see for myself! Maybe one year. Looks like you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kevin I am so thrilled to visit via your photos. You and your friends are having such fun and the photos are proof. Each and every quilt is an amazing labor of Love! I am in awe of the talents shared here. Thank you so very much for letting me attend through your eyes and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kevin, NICE job of taking so many pictures and posting them on your blog. I know how much time that can take!
    Looks like you have a fabulous time!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I doubt I will ever see more thorough coverage of Festival than I am getting here! Thank you!!
    Loved seeing those with whom you were able to meet (sentence structure dedicated to my mother).
    My head is swimming from all of those incredible quilts! So great to see Wendy won a well deserved ribbon.
    Okay--I will look forward to your loot. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I'm in tears. So many beautiful quilts and so many heart tugging quilts. Houston's Quilt Festival is big on my bucket list. Thank you so very much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to you, I can admire lots of quilts ! So thank you so much Kevin... I'm glad you spent a wonderful time there and met many friends !! Unforgettable moments ...
    I wish you a lovely day ! Today it's very important for american people !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for a glimpse from Houston. Your pictures are so fun and full of love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics thnx for sharing them, this is on my bucket list. Im sure all the girls were star struck meeting the one and only "kevin the quilter" 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your great pictures. My favorite was the ecru hand quilted one. Still love the traditional!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved talking with you. I did try to send the photo to you but was unable to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All I can say is WOW! How could anyone pick a favorite? I am making a vow to go next year. Where else could you see so many fantastic quilts and quilters in one place? I love the rest room sign too. I work in the very male dominated marine industry and I know what it is like to be out numbered! Thanks for sharing these magnificent images.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep saying that I'll get to Houston ONE OF THESE DAYS, but thanks for a tour of this year's show!! You got some GREAT shots... I've chosen a few favorites. They will serve to make me push my own artistry to the limits. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! Loved the quilts -- thanks so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the virtual tour. WOW!!! Such artistry and uniqueness on display!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow oh wow oh wow!!! I don't know where to start - okay -t he Cows! I want the cow (and the longhorn) quilts!!!! oh and the dog - oh wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe that quilt only took her one year. Lots of great quilts. Thanks. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lots and lots of "wow" factor at the show. Thanks for sharing. Maybe once I have kiddo off at college, it will be easier for me to sneak off and go.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! what an amazing show. I simply must make it a priority to go next year!
    Thanks for sharing so many fabulous quilts. I'm so happy to Wendy - I didn't even know they had a primitive category.
    yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Their manager rocks! Thanks to the great team from Chicago event venues, I'm so happy I chose this venue for my event! I had a great time here and think the atmosphere is as good as it gets. I will be astonished if I ever find a negative review on these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I Want to use this medium to appreciate an online ghost hacker, after being ripped off my money he helped me find my cheating lover and helped me hacked his WHATSAPP, GMAIL, kik and all his social media platforms and i got to know that he has being cheating on me and in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, hacking setting is trust worthy, contact him via: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete