Monday, December 17, 2018

From Thanksgiving til now........


Whoever said, "Time Flies" sure said a mouthful!

How did we get to now since my last blog post?
A MONTH AGO!!!!!

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone.....I hope yours was as good as mine?

Here is a photo perspective of my last month!


10 Quilts of Valor from the block drive
were awarded to deserving Veterans
at the November meeting of the 
Jefferson Star Quilt Guild in
Arnold, Missouri.
All of these QOV's were presented on behalf of 
Quilts of Valor, Eastern Missouri.
And, couldn't have been possible without
all of you quilters out there
that participated in this block drive!
And a very special thanks goes out to 
Portia in Arkansas who volunteered to
donate the batting and backing, and quilt
these 10 QOVs!
THANK! YOU! SO! MUCH! PORTIA!
Look at these smiling faces!
Veterans being thanked by those in attendance.
An appreciation line for the Veterans.
It turned out to be a really nice presentation.

Then..........Thanksgiving!
I was not able to host Thanksgiving Dinner in my
home this year due to some extenuating
circumstances with extended family not
willing to drive a far distance.
(I am not referring to blood relatives here...Oh, Well!)


My Sis hosted, and it was still wonderful!
Dad carved the turkey while sis finished up
some cooking.
Look at Sophia!
Here eyes are definitely bigger than her stomach!
MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!
PawPaw!  This tastes sooooooo good!
LILLY MAE!!!!!! LOLOLOL
My niece and nephew hanging the
Christmas ornaments I get them annually.
I am glad they still get excited to receive them.
Sophia Annabella helped me play our
Thanksgiving Scrabble game.
Curtis won this year!
REVENGE IS MINE SAYETH UNCLE KEVIN!
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Everywhere you GO!
(Get it????? LOLOLOL)
AHA!  Christmas shopping with the parents!
I never tire of this, nor my Dad's shenanigans!
I think Father Huffman approves of Mom's
choice here? LOL
Lilly Mae visited Santa!
She really has been a good girl this year!
I hope she asked for something good for me too!!!!
The Cave Quilters met for the first time
in November, and got a lot of work done
Star Spangled Sprial.
It is a really striking pattern!
We all gathered once more to complete
the top.
Cherie of Quilted Jonquil
and myself make up the Cave Quilters.
Jan sewing in the last few stitches to complete the top!
(I didn't a good shot of the completed top!!! DOH!)




AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDD
Bonnie Hunter released her first clue for her
Mystery Quilt!
I have been playing along with this mystery with
my quilting friends Sue, and
 Heather of Peachy Pages.

The following is my progress thus far,.....
Clue #1
Clue #2


Clue #3...........where did those photos go to?????
LOL
and......

Clue #4

Linking up with

You all KNOW I am loving this mystery.....
especially with the string piecing in Clue #4!

This quilt is destined to be my Halloween Quilt!

Look who came to visit me at the Quilt Cave!?!?!?
She had several of her girlfriends with her......
but, this gal seemed to be most curious.
She wanted to know what
I was sewing!

Mr. Valentino has been snoopervising.....
and I love it when he does!
At the very least, he is 16 years old.
I have had him for 14 of those years.
He is such a good boy!

Look at how important Lilly Mae looks in this pic!
She finished another marathon with my friend Mike!
LOLOLOL
Better them than me!
(And, you all know that by me saying she finished a
marathon means she ran the last few yards to the finish line
with Mike.)




The next shot may not be suitable for young children....










THIS is what a TRUE Bonniac 
(Bonnie Hunter Fan) 
looks like when
they receive her latest book! 
LOLOLOL
Go ahead....make fun of me......I can take it!
Pure joy, unbridled excitement, enthusiasm.......
throwing a fit??? LOLOLOL  
How about all of the above!

I hope you have enjoyed this time of year.....
I have a few short weeks left before I have to 
go back to work.......insert face from above.....

I hope to see you at these
UPCOMING EVENTS
January 3, 2019
Sinnissippi Quilters, Rockford, Illinois
Lecture and Trunkshow 1PM and 7PM
January 4, 2019
Sinnissippi Quilters, Rockford, Illinois
"String Star" Workshop

January 12, 2019
Friends In Stitches, Waterloo, Illinois
"String Star" Workshop

January 26, 2019
"Goodnight, Darlene!" Workshop

February 9, 2019
St. Louis Star Quilt Guild
Salem Lutheran Church, Affton, Missouri
"Sorta, Kinda Amish" Workshop


Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Thanks for being a friend!
Keep on Quilting!
Kevin the Quilter



22 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you have enjoyed your time off and have gotten plenty done. Love all the pics. I wish I could make it to one of your workshops. Something to try for later in 2019.
    Merry Christmas to you, your friends and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,Kevin, you really break me up. I also got my copy of String Frenzy from Bonnie. Where to start- that is my frenzy. Fabulous quilts! Keep on sewing, I want to see more! Thanks for sharing all these going ons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my favorite is the toilet seat cover and floor mat... hysterical!!
    Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Your family is just so loving!
    Hope you have a great holiday before you are back flying again.
    Be well.
    ps: Your doggie is beyond spoiled~!! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bunch of Quilts of Valor! Good job, everyone involved!!
    Oh, I'd love to take you on in a Scrabble game, but I would probably cheat and you wouldn't like it. LOL
    Star Spangled Spiral is a really cool pattern.
    Oh, my goodness, I knew you were a Bonnie fan, but I had no idea how deep the feelings ran! (and I will make sure my grandkids don't see that photo.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe your visitors to the quilt cave were looking for some "Deer" Stella fabric:-) Love the bathroom ensemble--made me laugh. Continue to take good care of Mr. Valentino. I had to euthanize my 18-year-old cat, Patches, near the end of August. He was in too much distress from Lymphoma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up, Kevin! Hahaha. What a fun post to read as I'm slurping my morning coffee. I don't know, but I think it's fair to say you are a Bonnie Hunter fan, eh? Hahaha. And that poor Santa in your bathroom probably sees and hears more than he ever wanted to! Enjoy your day, Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Kevin, I adore you. I am envious of your friends and family that live so close.
    Thank you for sharing your amazing adventures. YES!! time passes so quickly. For some reason, this past week-end went slowly, and I got all of my Christmas cards done (okay well, I also cut my list in half bc life is easier that way taking care of daddy who is 95 now and fit as a fiddle) I am slowly sewing and wrapping pressies at the same time
    You are the best. Merry Blessed Christmas to you and your wonderful family
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photos of your Dad and Mom shopping. What a hoot. I had no idea that you got chocolate at the end of a marathon! I think I will start training now. Thanks Mike for showing us how it's done! And, thank you for all those veteran's quilts. What a wonderful presentation! I'm looking forward to seeing your completed Bonnie mystery quilt. Now, go let Santa out of the bathroom! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kevin...always a joy to read your blog. Exciting news that you will be in Rockford in January. I just might be able to meet you finally? Rockford is about an hour from here. Oh, the possibilities! I might just use that Bonniac face when I meet you! Ha Ha. In the meantime, have a Merry Christmas and a Healthy Happy New Year - both to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Love that bathroom decor - so festive. I haven't ordered Bonnie's latest book yet, but plan to do so once the holiday rush is over because strings are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh my... what a fun post as usual !
    I wish you the best for Christmas with your family !
    PS : love your bathroom !! LOL !

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are hilarious and your posts are likewise. Great job decorating everywhere including the bathroom. The family pics are always fun, the dog pictures adorable, but you getting your copy of String Frenzy just sent me on the floor laughing!!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are too funny! Love the Lilly Mae loves her marathons!! (ha ha) Enjoy your holidays - and I hope to see more of your mystery! your colors are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun post! I just love your reaction to getting your copy of String Frenzy! With enthusiasm like yours, you may convert me to a string piecer yet! Thanks for hosting the Cave Quilters. I had so much fun getting together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fun post Kevin!
    I wish you Merriest Christmas with your family and friends and beloved Lily Mae and Mr. Valentino.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I knew you were into your 'family' time off and yours does it to the get go. I always love seeing the QOV quilts and presentations. Let us all know when you need more blocks. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness I love that photo of you with your new Bonnie book!
    I looked the same way but was not brave enough to take a photo!
    Your enthusiasm is communicated very clearly in the non verbal department! LOLOLOL
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought you were hibernating in the quilting cave during your extended vacation! Look at that marvelous quilt, Star Spangled Spiral...I want to make one too!!! Love the QoV presentations...the joy is obvious! You are keeping up with the clues...look at you go! I have the fabric, but I'm waiting to start because I have a couple of darker neutrals and want to see if I can work them into a secondary pattern or not...I guess I could do the strings from this week's clue, right?! Need to finish a baby quilt and make a Christmas tree quilt to make up for not decorating a tree (or anything else) this year. Have a blessed Christmas surrounded by those you love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG I love your Santa toilet seat cover! I want one!
    Very cool that you got Bonnie's new book already. I hope mine comes soon! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The spiral quilt is similar to one I made as a signature quilt for my son's wedding. I may borrow that setting for a family reunion quilt. Looks like you will be busy in January, teaching classes. Have fun and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Kevin! I just discovered your blog,the picture of you with Bonnies new book cracked me up,lol. looking forward to reading everything! Happy new year xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I saw where you'll be in Rockford IL. Must tell my quilty friend as she's very close to that town. Happy Quilting to all of your following folks too.

    ReplyDelete